Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday.

Seems like every time I turn around it’s Monday again. Typically, I’m pretty uninspired on Mondays and today is no exception. It takes all my energy just to get up and get myself out the door.

The only good Monday is a Monday off. And hey! We Canadians just happen to have one coming up. Thankfully, our first long weekend of the season is next weekend. I think that we all could use it.

What do Canadians usually do on our first long weekend of the season?

Well there are 2 trains of thought.

The first is that everyone should go camping this weekend. Even if it’s only in your backyard. There should be campfires and sleeping bags and lotsa beer. Hence, the nickname May Two-Four Weekend.

The other crowd calls it the Victoria Day Weekend. This crowd plants their flowers and does yard work. The only saving grace to this approach is that it, too, usually involves plenty of alcohol.

The kicker is that inevitably it rains every May long weekend.

What will I do? Not sure yet. We have been invited to a campout. But I sure would like to get my hands in the dirt and plant some flowers around my house. There is also a festival on with lots of great concerts to see.

Whatever I end up doing doesn’t really matter. What does matter is that this is my last working Monday for the next 14 days. Yay!!!

The Buzz:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

Thanks for the reminder. I'd almost forgotten about the long weekend coming up. Yeah,right,hee,hee..

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

mooooondaaaaaaays = too many, for sure.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Oh good. A day off. Ho-hum. I'm getting bored here, Sha'. But we're going on strike on Wednesday so I guess my leg will stay broken another week or two.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Today was an icky Monday for me. Sigh.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger k8 declared...

hmmmm..never heard of that before. very interesting.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

To the disgust of many of my friends I actually am gettin Thursday off as well. I don't actually know how this happened, nor do I care.
2-4, 2-4, 2-4, 2-4
Yaaaaay beer!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Katya declared...

we have a "bank holiday" coming up at the end of the month too...our friends are away, otherwise i think we would indeed be camping...

i think we will do DIY and try and tidy up the house and garden some...

:0) hope the sun shines for you...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

Aren't I the lucky one... I'm always free on Mondays!!! (yes, rub it in)

Last Monday happened to be a national free day here as well. I hope you have a wonderful time, whatever you do.
Hopefully the weather will also help in making the day great!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Karla declared...

Hi Butterfly. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It means so much to know we've been in your thoughts!

Great post by the way! You are so right about May 2-4 weekend! (Except now they have the 28 packs of beer...the whole holiday needs to be re-evaluated I think!)

I just had my first taste of beer after ten months of sobriety (being preggo will do that that to ya) and it made me cringe. It tasted so bad!

For the record, the second went down just fine. The red wine following was even better!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger magicfingers declared...

I sure know those 3 dayers sure help me. Mini vacations. Especially since I haven't had a real vacation since 2001. I have had to postpone mine 3 times now since April.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Yay, indeed! Hope it's a beautiful day for you, no matter what you end up doing!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Walker declared...

I'm just going to drink beer. The city dug up my front yard so they are going to do the replanting Yayyyyy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home