Sunday, June 26, 2005

This and That.

This weekend marks our first weekend without houseguests in five weeks. Now, don't get me wrong, I love having company (most of it anyway) but after a few weeks, the general neglect of all else begins to show. For instance, I've only had the time and energy to bang out one post a week here at Wings. But that's just the beginning. My garden was completely overrun with weeds, my lawn looked ragged and my house is in desperate need of cleaning.

Sadly, the house continues in its state of neglect but my garden is now weed-free. It took the better part of a day but the old folks pulled out of here by 9am Saturday morning and got us up before they left. (It proved to be a very busy and interesting vacation for them of which I will blog about soon.)

The heat of the weekend was not very hospitable to doing much outside but we suffered through gallantly and got the bulk of work done. It really was the most important thing to be done as we will be having hordes of people descend upon our tiny abode for the Canada Day Bash we're throwing. I say "we" but I use that term loosely.

Eric decided to volunteer us to have the neighbourhood Canada Day shindig. I had no problem with this, what I did have a problem with was the talk that escalated to selling tickets, roasting an entire pig, renting a porta-potty and so on.

That's where I washed my hands of it. After planning a wedding with Eric, I swore never to plan anything like that with him ever again because inevitably it is solely me that ends up taking on the responsibility. Anyway, it's all turned out well because our neighbours that decided to have a hand in the party planning have been prodding Eric on at all the right places, leaving me basically stress free.

Where were they when I was running around like a crazy woman trying to plan my wedding?

Anyway, I apologize to you, my neglected blog friends. I miss you all very much.

***************
Postcard update: All my postcards have been sent out so if you haven't received one yet, it may have gone astray in the mail.

Also, I have received a small stack in return already. I intend to post pics when I can.

Thanks everyone!

The Buzz:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

I think it's smashing that you are living grand at the moment--think of all these summer memories & tales you will have to post this long borish winter.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Walker declared...

Hot very hot and I plan to talk to the weather man about sending me the rain and leaving you dry. Whats that all about!!!! I hope you have a grand Canada day, I'll be off to thwe hill for the concerts and and the Busters like every year.
Have A Happy Canada Day :D

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Happy Canada Day! Hope the bash is a huge success. Entertaining is so tiring, even if fun and, as you said, the chores don't all get done. I hope you get an opportunity to REST too!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

As someone who is in the process of preparing for guests you have my full sympathy.
Hope the party goes well..

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Adrienne declared...

We all know what Benjamin Franklin had to say about houseguests!

Hello Sha...I'm here via Denny's blog. Nice place ya got!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Well, well, well. Look what the cat drug in! Hi Shauna. I've missed you, girl. Welcome back.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

i am sure glad we do not have any friends come over here. i would hate to have to plan a party.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger misterd declared...

Before the Internet, only your closest family had to be subjected to inane pap like this.

No longer.
Technology moves us ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home