Friday, July 01, 2005

Last time I checked....

I received a comment today on a past post. I guess that I'm feeling a little feisty today because I don't feel like ignoring it like I normally would. Rest assured it's not a terribly offensive comment, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

At 2:27 AM, misterd declared...

Before the Internet, only your closest family had to be subjected to inane pap like this.

No longer.
Technology moves us ahead.




Well misterd.

I guess you're right. It's inane. It's boring. It's my life. Thing is? You didn't have to read it. You didn't need to leave a comment. You could have gone back to your exciting and righteous life and never thought of it again. But according to my stats you spent more than 8 grueling minutes at Wings. It must have been awfully painful for you to be stuck here for so long.

Last time I checked this was a place for me. It's too bad that people like you (and when I say that, I mean people that surf around blogland judging the value of others, leaving comments but neglecting to leave directions to their own perfect blogs) feel the need to take others"down a notch". It's sad really. Maybe even the tiniest bit pathetic.

What's the matter? Feeling a little inadequate? Maybe this is the only way you can find to have fun? Maybe the only thing you are able to write is snotty comments to others. Maybe it's the best way to make yourself feel better about the state of your own inane existence.

So, misterd, I apologize that you were subjected to my drivel. It's too bad that you felt compelled to not only read the whole thing, but comment also. Having a will of my own, I am usually able to surf right on by the blogs I'm not interested in without leaving my stamp of disapproval.

When I don't like or appreciate a blog, my visit registers on stats as a few seconds, or a minute at most. I land on it, glance at it and then decide if I want to stay. In 8 minutes I can read quite a few posts. I wonder how many of mine you read before you decided that you should let me know how inane it all is?

The Buzz:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lewis declared...

I'm guessing it was a pretty cathartic thing for him to leave the comment. Imagine the tortured existence he musth live. Without trying, you provided him with a little well-needed therapy.

Send him a bill!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger John B. declared...

I get this kind of commentary all of the time via e-mail or my comment boxes...I just delete it or let it go without comments.

Don't waste your time with those types of comments.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

I agree with John. Let it go, Sha'. Don't bother yourself with such nincompoopery.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

hehehe--go Butterfly!
you told her/him!

most of the time I like to tangle with those types too--relieves my boredom and stress--yeah, have fun with it!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger haywoodj declared...

Don't listen to this kind of crap.
It's small minded nonsense.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Hwood

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

Oh, see you forgot to read the fine print when you sign up for blogger that says:

CAUTION: There are a$$holes among us.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Ha ha, you're so right, glad you told him off. Bet he will be back, but will he dare comment? Hope not.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Walker declared...

Who cares what he thinks, you write for yourself and we come because we enjoy reading it.
He's just a dipstick

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

You go girl!!!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

It's kin dof like "Sixth Xense"

"I see dumb people"

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Maybe these folk do us a favour by bringing out our passion and creativity.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger magicfingers declared...

Sorry to hear about your "intruder". You have one of the most pleasant blogs to visit. Unfortunantly there are always unwelcome visitors. I have had a few. I don't waste my time responding. It would do no good. People like that live for the pleasure they got when you get upset. Just click on the trash can if you want and forget it.I didn't trash mine. I thought I would just let my other commenters see what the nut wrote.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Karla declared...

WOW! Well put!
Amen to all smart stuff you said!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Wash Lady declared...

Well, at least they have their ID correct = mis terd (turd)
We all go thru this if we have the comments enabled.
People who write for approval from others rarely last more than a few months - those who write to write and be themselves are part of the scenery and will grow, change and prosper within their blog.
I suspect that you will be around for a long while. Keep up being yourself and leave the rest to expose themselves for what they are....at the very least, just rude.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Give 'em hell Sha!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Mr Goodnight declared...

When I fell onto your blog I thought this looks like a blog worth spending time over. It didn't take long to be proved right.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sugar declared...

Lay it down girl! Now see don't ya feel much better?! Now that all these nice folks are backing ya up, I bet misterd is sorry for his comment and has actually bookmarked your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home