Monday, July 04, 2005

Monday Morning Cheer

I was whining to a friend about how I’m really crabby this morning and was having trouble remaining pleasant through the usual Monday morning banter and jokes.

For whatever insane reason I decided to figure out how many Monday mornings or work I may have left in my life. Scary? Yes. Depressing? Most definitely.

Assuming that I’ll be working until my early sixties and taking into account vacations and long weekends, CONSERVATIVELY, I have approximately 1400 more working Mondays to look forward to.

It’s a sobering thought.

The Buzz:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Curious Jane declared...

I thought of that kind of thing the other day only about how many summers I might have left. Assuming I live till my mid 70s I only have 40-some summers to enjoy. I've loved the 32 I've had! But blah! Puts things into a bit of a perspective I didn't really want to see so much...

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

Wow, what a depressing thought... Well, perhaps it would make you feel better to know you also have 1400 weekends until you're 60!

PS: Did you get my postcard already?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger magicfingers declared...

This has made me do some serious thinking. I have used up a lot more time than you young folks. You have made me sit back and think.......I need to plan more get togethers more often and spend more time with family and friends. we don't have to wait for a special occasion, holidays or birthdays. I shall invent a come and see me party. I shall call it a JC PARTY (Just Cause). If you were invited to a JC Party would you go?
I think it is a great idea.
Thanks Guys

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

1399 opportunities for improvement. Hurrayyyyy!!!! :)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

That's very sobering. Especially since I'm older than you!

I'd go to a JC party (although it sounds like a religious doing, ha ha!)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

That's why I don't let the monday thing get me down. I fyou really want to get depressed, Friday sare the only good wark day anyways. That actually means you have more like 5600 crummy workdays to look forward to.

Instead of moping, play tricks on your co-workers and liven up your week. Phone sabotage is always a fun option as it sticky taping the mouse ball so it stops working.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

you are making me feel bad sha. i am glad i decided to retire at 57.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Karla declared...

That's so depressing! But that also means 1400 Friday and Saturday nights (a quarter of which will happen during the summer months of sunshine and patio weather...at least there is light at the end of the tunnel eh?)

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Sadiq M. Alam declared...

U might like this spiritual blog,

http://mysticsaint.blogspot.com

u r welcome to visit.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Gimme A Chance? declared...

If you could humor me for a sec I'd like to talk about credit repair and bad credit repair mortgage loan fix repair credit FICO bankruptcy foreclosure equity equifax experian TU dispute not to mention low interest rates on a mortgage and saving someone from foreclosure or bankruptcy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home