Thursday, July 07, 2005

One Year Later

Today marks my one year blogging anniversary. In some ways it seems like I’ve been blogging a lot longer than a year.

I have changed. My writing has changed. My life has changed. My friends and family got to know me a little better and my new friendships are so amazingly real.

I floundered a bit when I first started Wings. For who and why was I writing? What should I write about? In the beginning I wrote almost essay type posts. I went from posting a couple times a week to posting every day and back to posting a couple times a week.

My parents were my biggest supporters at first, encouraging me to keep on blogging. Slowly, I made friends and gained readers. Among the first were Freya, Shadowbox, Kat, Kristin, Zulu and Dale. Since then, too many to name individually have dropped in and out of my blog world. What great friends you all have become. I’ve developed friendships that I wouldn’t hesitate to change into 3D friendships. Some of you know more about me than anyone else.

In some respects this past year has been tough. But it’s been worthwhile and a growing experience for me. Time and priorities have changed for me and I don’t get around to your blogs or post as much as I used to. I guess blogging ebbs and flows like anything else in life.

I can’t wait to see where the tide takes me in the next year.

Thanks for a great year of blogging everybody!

The Buzz:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Katya declared...

i am coming up on my first year too, its been a struggle at times to keep going, but i love it, and i meet all you great people which has totally enhanced my life...i love your writing, keep it up and happy blog birthday...

:0)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

Yaaay!
Happy Blog-day to youu
Happy Blog-day to youu
Happy Blog-day dear Sha-aaaa
Happy Blog-day to youu

As my two year old would say
"Blow candles?"

As the truckers used to say
"Keep on bloggin!" Oh wait that's truckin'

Well you get the idea.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger John B. declared...

happy blogaversary

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Iona declared...

Congratulations. I hope you'll keep on blogging for many more years!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger pradyumna declared...

dear sha,
happy blog-anniv to you. really liked the postcard :). your card is on its way.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Happy Birthday to your Blog.
Keep on blogging!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Walker declared...

Happy Blogday and Cheers to the next.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

Happy Blog Birthday or Anniversary.
Looking forward to another year of your writing..

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger BridalBeer declared...

Happy birthday to your blog!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger `*Pansy*~ declared...

Happy Blogging Birthday, Sha!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Mel declared...

Happy Blog-iversary. :)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Thank YOU, Shauna, for sharing your thoughts and, in many ways, your Life with us. Intimacy offers support and it challenges us to become better people. Thank you for all that. Write on, girl.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

keep writing!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

happy blogaversary also. i like your blog sha and i try to come here as often as i can. some times i reply and other times i do not. i do thank you and your father for helping me on my blog when i first started blogging. have a great day and a better year.
mrhaney

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

where are you sha. you have not posted in a while. are you blogging some where else.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic declared...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Thia Michelle declared...

Wow! I'm just hitting my 8th month and it feels like forever.

Happy Blogging,
-T

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

:-(



???

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger curiouscouple declared...

Happy blog-day to you... happy blog-day to you! Happy blo..... Awww, to hell with it. You get it.

Glad to see ya still happy. ((hug))

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Larry declared...

Hey there.....

Where have you been lately???? You haven't posted for almost a month....

Hope everything is ok....

Hugs

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ilaiy declared...

Keep it going...


./thanks
ilaiy
====================================
http://ilaiy.blogspot.com
http://howiwishihad.blogspot.com/
====================================

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Michael Manning declared...

Hey Happy Blog Day! A milestone!! I stopped in via Denny S. Have a good day!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

I guess after one good year, anyone would want a longish break . . .

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

or maybe you want to mark 100 comments?

see you! xoxo best wishes!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger SexandMoxie declared...

Happy B-day! You and I started aroundd the same time.

Cheers,

Moxie

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger jorn52ofdf declared...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kat declared...

Congrats, Sha! You're writing has inspired all of us. Thank you,
-K.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Walker declared...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sally declared...

Happy blogiversary!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Jeff declared...

I hope that my bloggin efforts will reach the same satisfaction that you have experiences in doing yours. Its only been the past few months that I began to take it serious and im still not in a good habit of updating it... oh well we will see what happens...

catch ya later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home